Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
50 State Map Assignment
50 States Assignment
50 States The Great American Road Trip
50 States Travel Brochure
Book Review Project
K12 Biology Unit 1 Review
Procedural Text Assignment
Root Words PPT
Student Council Elections
The Great American Road Trip, Part 2
The Outsiders News Story Assignment
Add "All Pages"
For this assignment, you will use what you learned about giving directions and apply it toward writing a recipe.
Directions for Writing a Recipe and Making a Presentation
1. Choose a dish —something that would not be too expensive or complicated to make or take too long to prepare.
2. Write out a list of ingredients. Be sure to include measurements. Be sure not to leave anything out.
3. Write the directions. Directions, for the most part, should be written as imperative sentences. Example: Mix ingredients well. Chop the onion. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Etc. Be sure to give detailed directions. Don’t leave any step out.
4. After writing the first draft of the ingredients and directions, check the draft for errors in grammar, spelling, omissions, etc.
5. Finally, when you are sure your recipe is complete and correct, type it on the computer in the same format that I have typed my recipe.
6. If you want to draw/add any illustrations to your recipe, you may do so.
How To Examples.doc
Useful Vocabulary Below
Ways to Cut
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"